| My Listings
If you want to look at homes for sale now, simply go to grandforkshomes.net
If you are a prospective buyer:
- I can offer you a thorough one-on-one home buying seminar based on my “71 Common Points of Concern in the Home Buying Process” so you can become better versed about the ins and outs of the process.
- I enjoy giving what I hope are insightful Tours of my Hometown so you can feel more at home about the history of Grand Forks and our community and, make wiser decisions about the merits of different neighborhoods for a home.
- As a member of our local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) I can get you the access to any listed property at grandforkshomes.net no matter which company has it for sale.
- I can set you up with our MLS automatic email service so you have a better chance to review and possibly see the new-to-the-market houses as soon as possible.
- I can offer you a complete list of local mortgage lenders and would be happy to discuss the pros and cons to choose the best one for you.
- I can assist you in the purchase of unlisted homes, such as, for-sale-by-owner for more buying
- Once you have found a home I can provide a thorough Competitive Market Analysis of recent sales to help you make the best decision on what to offer a seller.
- When you are ready to make an offer to buy a home we can review my “Thirty-eight Possible Concerns to Negotiate in a Successful Home Purchase” to help give you some ease and awareness with all that is important in negotiating to get the home of your choice.
- I can offer my “35 Buyer Hints for a Smoother Closing Process” once your offer is accepted to help make sure you get through closing the sale on the home of your choice.
- Once you have bought a home I will share my own Jerry’s List so you have my after-the-sale support with access to local trustworthy maintenance providers.
As you may know, I work on a commission basis so there is no direct charge for all these services. My service fee is paid by a seller out of the sales price of a successful closing.
If you are prospective seller:
- First and foremost you get a thoroughly researched Competitive Market Analysis (CMA) to help you set your list price.
- I will then provide you with a Customized Market Plan for a Successful Sale based on thirty-eight years of real estate experience to help make sure you get the best price in the time frame you require with the least amount of inconvenience. This always includes the following:
- Regular communication with you, whether I have news or not, to help you stay on top of market place activity.
- Follow up on all Realtor showings for feedback to you.
- Present a detailed and positive ‘listing’ of your property for display in our Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to put its best foot forward.
- Take lots of pictures of your home for the internet upon which prospects can linger, dream, and hopefully call to actually see.
- Place your listing at my own grandforkshomes.net, at craryrealestate.com, zillow.com and at realtor.com to give extensive coverage to your property. Realtor.com is the largest national real estate search web site!
- If you wish, I can lend you my copy of the nationally touted DVD and book “Dress your House for Success” to help you sharpen the presentation of your home.
- Offer you my revised version of “101 Staging Tips for a Successful Sale” to help you get your property ready to shine for showings.
- Offer to discuss with you my “58 Listing Points of Clarifications for a Successful Selling Relationship” to help clarify our mutual obligations and try to cover any of your concerns in our listing relationship.
- Offer you my “Safety in a Successful Sale” (which I will gladly send to anyone without any obligation) to help protect you and your property.
- Offer you my “Show Time for a Successful Sale” that covers the best day-of-showing practices for optimum showing success.
- I promise to show you a bottom line Good Faith Estimate on your original listing price, and at each offer, so you know each step of the way what your net proceeds are going to be.
- I can send you automatic email alerts from our local MLS on new competition and, notifications of changes in the status of current competition, to better help you position your property in the market place.
- I can offer you my “35 Seller Suggestions for a Successful Closing Process” to help keep your closing process as stress free as possible.
I do have a list of 170 area buyer and seller references that is available upon request. In addition, I stand behind my work with my written 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or you can cancel our contract.
Please call, text, or email me at any time to discuss how I may be of service. Be sure to visit my website at grandforkshomes.net for direct and immediate access to all the listed homes for sale in Greater Grand Forks.
Seeking to become Your Hometown Real Estate Agent Since 1978!
Crary Real Estate
If you are interested here is a little bit about me:
- Honed my negotiating skills in hundreds of Purchase Agreements.
- Keep an ever-updating notebook I call “975 Questions and Answers in Buying a Home” that can help answer many of your real estate questions.
- Served three generations of two families, and nine different families of former Realtors, with buying or selling homes.
- University of North Dakota graduate: B.A. Education, 1972; and B.S. Psychology, 1974.
- Worked several years as a carpenter to gain hands-on home construction experience.
- Grand Forks Board of Realtors Realtor of the Year in 1995.
- REALTOR member of the National Association of Realtors with designations of Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR).
- Jan and I have been married for fifteen year. We are into collecting antiques: Jan likes her cut-glass crystal and pink depression glass. I collect comedy – joke books, and stand up comedians on vinyl records, cds, and dvds. We have a lot at Cass Lake where I have fished for over fifty years. We have a pheasant hunting dog named Fannie. Jan likes her flower gardening, and I dig vegetable and fruit gardening.
I conclude with a story:
Over dinner, in the movie It’s a Wonderful Life, the youthful George Bailey declares to his dad that after college he doesn’t intend to work in the long established small town family ‘building and loan’ business, but rather wants to go out in the world and accomplish great and important things.
Peter Bailey thoughtfully looks up from his meal and gently responds to his son: “You know, George, I feel that in a small way we are doing something important … satisfying a fundamental urge. It’s deep in the race for a man to want his own roof and walls and fireplace, and we’re helping him get those things in our shabby little office.”
It is probably a little corny to some, yet it really is all about Home to me so I keep the above sentiment in mind as I try to find my place in the community and my job in real estate.